Most popular gas detectors
In this section, you will find the most frequently requested portable gas detectors, equipped with the latest technology and designed in compliance with the most demanding standards: from disposable gas detectors (O2, CO, or H2S) with a 2-year life span to single gas detectors for toxic gases, from the much popular 4-gas monitors (explosive gases, O2, CO, and H2S) to multi gas detectors (up to 7 gases simultaneously), as well as geolocated devices with integrated PTI.
The WatchGas PDM disposable gas detector has a 2-year life span and is very easy to use. Once activated, it can be used 24 hours a day without maintenance for two years. It is available in O2 (oxygen), CO (carbon monoxide), H2S (hydrogen sulfide), SO2 (sulfur dioxide) or NH3 (ammonia) versions. It is small, light, and particularly robust, offering an excellent price/performance ratio.
- Detection of CO, H2S, SO2, NH3, or O2 gases continuously for two years
- Very easy to use with a large LCD screen. Once it is on, it does not turn off
- Visual, audible, and vibrating alarms - Splash-proof (IP67)
- Compact and powerful device - Excellent quality/price ratio
- Recording of the last 30 events
Small, light, and easy to use, the iGas portable CO2 detector features an ultra-accurate infrared sensor for carbon dioxide detection. This device is particularly suitable for the food industry, wineries, industrial breweries, and all applications requiring the monitoring of CO2 levels in the ambient air.
- CO2 detector with NDIR infrared cell (5 years lifetime)
- Measurement range: 0 - 5%/vol. (0.1% vol. resolution)
- LCD screen with a constant display of CO2 concentration & battery status
- Very long autonomy, more than seven days
- Very popular with an excellent price/performance ratio!
With 30 sensor options available, the WatchGas UNI oxygen and toxic gases detector combines simplicity and flexibility for detecting many exotic gases such as formic acid, acetaldehyde, hydrogen chloride, vinyl chloride, ethanol, hydrogen fluoride, formaldehyde, methyl mercaptan, phosgene, silane or THT.
- Wide gas range with 30 sensors for toxic, exotic, or oxygen gases
- Polycarbonate housing with rugged rubber overmolding
- Powerful 90dB audible alarm, flashing LED light, and vibrating alarm
- Replaceable 3.6V AA lithium battery for three years of operation
- ATEX, IECEx, UL, and CE approved
The Ventis MX4 portable 4-gas detector is very popular with confined space workers (see CATEC training). It detects explosive gases (0-100% LEL), lack of oxygen (O2), carbon monoxide (CO), and hydrogen sulfide (H2S). It can be used in diffusion mode or remote gas sampling mode with the optional VSP clip-on pump.
- ATEX 4-gas detector: Explosive gases (0-100% LEL), O2, CO, H2S, NO2 or SO2 sensors too
- 95 dB audible, visual and vibrating alarms for two thresholds, STEL and TWA (Threshold Limit Value and Average Exposure Value)
- Very robust, shockproof, water and dust resistant (IP66 and IP67
- Small and compact: first multi-gas detector of the size of a single gas
- Optional VSP clip-on pump for remote gas sampling up to 30 m
Small, light, and ergonomic, the portable multi gas detector X-am 5000 from Dräger can detect the presence of 1 to 5 gases simultaneously, including Explosive gases (catalytic), AsH3, B2H6, Br2, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, F2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SiH4, SO2 and various organic vapors (acetylene, ethylene, ethanol, formaldehyde, methanol, styrene, propylene, etc. ).
- Compact and lightweight with a large selection of interchangeable sensors
- Long-life DrägerSensor XXS sensors with short response time
- Ergonomic, robust, and water and dust tight (IP67) ATEX-certified design
- Optional clip-on pump for remote gas sampling
- Compatible with the Dräger X-zone 5500 area monitor
The Ventis Pro5 is a portable multi gas detector with PASS (Personal Alert Safety System). It can detect up to 5 gases simultaneously, such as explosive gases, ammonia, chlorine, hydrogen cyanide, nitrogen dioxide, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, oxygen, phosphine, hydrogen sulfide, and volatile organic compounds.
- The smallest portable multi gas monitor on the market (explosive, toxic, asphyxiating gases, and volatile organic compounds)
- Integrated PASSTI functions (protection of isolated workers) with "dead man alarm" and "panic button
- Alarm: sound (95 dB), red LED light, and vibration
- Robust, shockproof, water and dust-resistant device (IP68)
- 3 months event log with 10 seconds interval
The G7c from Blackline Safety is a geolocated gas detector with an integrated lone worker alarm (IWAS) device. It is the first complete gas detection system (up to 5 gases simultaneously) that integrates 2G/3G connectivity with alarm functions with geolocation, alert (SMS, email, Talkie-Walkie.), and analysis via an archiving platform hosted on the cloud.
- Geolocated multi-gas detector with PTI - explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, O2, O3, SO2 & VOC detection
- Full DATI (lone worker alert device) with PTT (push to talk) functionality
- Real-time monitoring with GPS geolocation & 2G/3G connection
- Available in broadcast mode or with a gas sampling pump
- Very detailed analysis reports (graphs, bar graphs, alarm location, etc.
Especially designed to detect up to 7 gases simultaneously, the Dräger X-am 8000 multi gas detector is the most powerful and comprehensive in its category for explosive gases (hydrocarbons, solvents, alcohols), toxic or noble gases, and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) detection. We can use it in diffusion mode or gas sampling pump mode.
- Detects up to 7 gases simultaneously with a wide choice of infrared, electrochemical, and PID (photoionization lamp for VOC detection) cells
- Color LCD, simultaneous and continuous display of all gases
- IP67 protection rating (water and dust proof)
- Rechargeable lithium battery - inductive charging
- Approval: ATEX and IECEx, IEC, 2004/108/CE
With 15 sensor options, including a PID for VOC (volatile organic compound) detection, the Radius BZ1 area monitor can simultaneously detect up to seven gases. Constructed of a weather-resistant, impact-resistant polycarbonate alloy, it is a rugged and flexible solution for monitoring a defined perimeter or confined space.
- 7-gas area monitor to detect explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCl, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, SO2 &COV (volatile organic compounds)
- Powerful 108 dB audible alarm and visual alarm (blue and red ultra-bright lights)
- Autonomy: 168 hours without pump (7 days) and 84 hours with pump
- Available in diffusion version or with pump
- Optional LENS Wireless communication
The Blackline Safety G7 EXO gas detection monitor is a new generation of equipment that transmits in real-time manner positions, measurements, and alerts on a cloud control platform that relays this information to all connected operators. Detection of explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, O2, O3, SO2 & VOC (volatile organic compounds).
- Geolocalized area monitoring monitor detecting up to 5 gases simultaneously
- Blackline Live platform for data centralization, alerts, and fleet management in real-time
- Simultaneous detection of up to 5 gases in diffusion or pump mode
- 4 alarm levels (TWA, STEL, low and high exceedance)
- Battery life up to 100 days in diffusion mode
Portable single gas detectors
Among the most popular single gas detectors, we find:
Disposable gas detector WatchGas PDM: disposable single gas detector with a 2-year life span for CO, H2S, O2, or SO2 gas detection. The most frequently requested configuration is the O2 model (lack of oxygen).
Portable CO2 detector iGas: portable carbon dioxide (CO2) detector particularly adapted to the food industry, wineries, industrial breweries, and all applications requiring CO2 monitoring.
Toxic gas detector WatchGas UNI: Small, lightweight, and with 30 sensor options available, it combines simplicity and flexibility for the detection of many exotic gases in the industry.
Portable multi gas detectors
Among the most popular multi gas detectors, we find :
4-gas detector MX4 Ventis: This is the portable 4-gas detector par excellence (explosive gases, O2, CO & H2S) and the model most commonly used in industry, sanitation, public works, the steel industry, or interventions in confined spaces.
Portable 5-gas detector X-am 5000: Light and ergonomic, can detect up to 5 gases such as explosive gases (catalytic), Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2 (electrochemical), H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SO2, and various organic vapors.
Portable multi gas detector with PTI Ventis Pro5: It can detect up to 5 gases simultaneously (explosive, toxic, asphyxiating gases, and volatile organic compounds). Integrated PTI functions (protection of the isolated worker) with "dead man alarm" and "panic button".
Multi gas detector (up to 7 gases) Dräger X-am 8000: This is the most powerful and comprehensive in its class for the detection of explosive gases (hydrocarbons, solvents, alcohols), toxic or rare gases, and VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
Gas detection monitors
Among the most requested gas detection monitors, you will find :
Area monitor Radius BZ1: Multi gas monitor that can detect up to 7 gases simultaneously: explosive gases (flammable gases, hydrocarbons, solvents & alcohols), Cl2, CO, H2, H2S, HCN, NO2, NH3, O2, SO2 & VOC (volatile organic compounds).
Geolocalized gas detection equipment
Geolocalized gas detector with PTI G7c: It is the first complete gas detection system (up to 5 gases) that integrates 2G/3G connectivity and alarm functions with geolocation (SMS, email, Talkie-Walkie.) and analysis via an archiving platform hosted on the cloud.
Geolocated gas detection monitor G7 EXO: This is a new generation of equipment that transmits positions, measurements, and alerts, in real-time to a control cloud platform that relays this information to all connected operators.
For occasional or short-term needs, these measuring devices are available for rent (for more details, see our portable gas detectors rental page).