Area gas monitor
The area monitors concentrate the advantages of a fixed detector in a transportable, robust, and easy-to-use device. They aim to protect intervention teams in "gas" risk areas during development or maintenance work of a limited duration. They have a very long autonomy, up to 100 days for some of them, and can be interconnected to secure very large perimeters (oil depots, tunnels, pipelines, etc.).
The BM25 gas detector detects up to 5 gases simultaneously. It is the most popular and widespread of the area monitors. We can mainly find it on public works sites in standard four-gas configurations (explosive gases, O2, CO, and H2S). It is equipped with a high-intensity 360° flashlight and a powerful 103 dB screamer.
- Detection of explosive gases, AsH3, Cl2, CO, CO2, COCl2, ClO2, ETO, F2, H2, HCl, HCN, HF, H2S, N2H4, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SiH4, SO2 and VOC
- Powerful two-way audio alarm and high visibility red flash
- Battery life: up to 100h in 4 gas version (explosive gases, O2, CO & H2S)
- Backlit graphic LCD screen for better visibility of values
- Numerous options are available: alarm report, bottle kit, etc.
In combination with the Dräger X-am 5000, 5100, or 5600 portable gas detectors, the X-zone 5500 area multi gas monitor can measure up to six gases simultaneously from a wide range of sensors: detection of explosive gases, AsH3, B2H6, Br2, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, F2, H2, H2O2, H2S, HBr, HCl, HCN, HF, HNO3, NH3, N2H4, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SiH4, SO2, and organic vapors.
- Area monitoring beacon for the detection of up to 6 gases simultaneously (explosive and toxic gases and organic vapors)
- 360° gas entry, 120 dB audible alarm, red LED light alarm
- External 100/240 V charger (universal) or contactless induction charger
- Up to 25 X-zone 5500 beacons can be wirelessly interconnected
- ATEX (zone 0), IECEc, CSA/UL approval
With 15 sensor options, including a PID for VOC (volatile organic compound) detection, the Radius BZ1 area monitor can simultaneously detect up to seven gases. Constructed of a weather-resistant, impact-resistant polycarbonate alloy, it is a rugged and flexible solution for monitoring a defined perimeter or confined space.
- 7-gas area monitor to detect explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCl, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, SO2 &COV (volatile organic compounds)
- Powerful 108 dB audible alarm and visual alarm (blue and red ultra-bright lights)
- Autonomy: 168 hours without pump (7 days) and 84 hours with pump
- Available in diffusion version or with pump
- Optional LENS Wireless communication
The Blackline Safety G7 EXO gas detection monitor is a new generation of equipment that transmits in real-time manner positions, measurements, and alerts on a cloud control platform that relays this information to all connected operators. Detection of explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, O2, O3, SO2 & VOC (volatile organic compounds).
- Geolocalized area monitoring monitor detecting up to 5 gases simultaneously
- Blackline Live platform for data centralization, alerts, and fleet management in real-time
- Simultaneous detection of up to 5 gases in diffusion or pump mode
- 4 alarm levels (TWA, STEL, low and high exceedance)
- Battery life up to 100 days in diffusion mode
Area gas monitor: Technical advantages
Unlike portable gas detectors that are Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), area monitors are collective protective equipment that secures a defined area where several individuals can evolve. They are multigas detection equipment, heavier and more robust than individual detectors, but easy to transport and implement.
With a very long autonomy, up to 100 days for some of them, they are often found during technical stops in the chemical and petrochemical industries, construction or renovation of public works (tunnels, earthworks, drilling), sanitation, or for interventions in confined spaces (sewers, manholes).
In addition to their large size, area monitors offer many technical advantages: warning performance is generally extensive, with powerful sound alarms between 100 and 120 dB and a light signal visible from a distance and at 360°. Some even have customizable action messages such as "Ventilate" or "Evacuate", reinforcing thus the safety device in case of risks related to gas presence.
Area monitors: gas detected
The most common configurations are 4 gas (explosive gases, O2, CO, H2S), 5 gas PID (explosive gases, O2, CO, H2S, VOC), or a 6 gas tunnel (CO, CO2, NO, NO2, O2, SO2).
Numerous configurations are possible, among them, there are measuring cells for the detection of the following gases: AsH3, B2H6, Br2, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, F2, H2, H2O2, H2S, HBr, HCl, HCN, HF, HNO3, NH3, N2H4, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SiH4, SO2 as well as all VOCs (acetylene, benzene, butadiene, ethanol, ethylene, isobutylene, ethyl acetate, ethylene oxide, perchloroethylene, styrene, toluene, xylene) and explosive gases (natural gas, LPG, hydrocarbons, alcohols, and solvents).
For calibration, periodic checks or gas tests of gas detectors, we offer a wide range of calibration gases in disposable cylinders that comply with the ISO6142 standard.