Paint and varnish mask, respiratory protection for painters
Even if their toxicity has decreased in recent years, paints, varnishes, and other coating products are not without danger for their users. The fumes from most of the products used in paints and varnishes represent a significant health risk. The painter's job has been classified as a high-risk job by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, and respiratory protection use, such as a paint mask, is highly recommended.
The GVS Elipse reusable FFP3 half mask with integrated filters offers maximum protection against tiny particles, viruses, bacteria, and aerosols with 99.95% efficiency P3 class filtration. Among the lightest half masks on the market, it is manufactured with soft and hypoallergenic materials offering unique comfort.
- Specifically suitable for work generating fine dust such as construction, asbestos removal, medical waste, etc.
- Interchangeable HESPA P3 class filters with 99.95% minimum efficiency against fine particles, viruses and bacteria, and aerosols
- Ultra-compact, ergonomic, and the lightest mask on the market
- Hypoallergenic, odorless, and medical grade
- Available in 2 sizes (M/L or S/M)
The X-plore 3300 bi-filter half mask is a respiratory protection device featuring an innovative fastening system that offers optimal comfort. The respirator gets a wide field of vision with backward-sloping filters. This bi-filter half mask matches perfectly with all bayonet filters of the Dräger X-plore range.
- Flexible nose area for optimal sealing, allowing wearing glasses without discomfort
- Innovative X-fixture system: modern design and wearer comfort
- Wide range of compatible filters with a secure bayonet connection
- Wide field of vision with backward tilting filters
- Excellent value for money with low maintenance and economy
Available with P3 and A2-P3 filters, the GVS Elipse Integra mask with safety glasses offers excellent protection against tiny particles (dust, viruses, bacteria), aerosols, and organic vapors (solvents, hydrocarbons, paints, varnishes, pesticides, etc.). Compact and lightweight, it fits perfectly on the face without interfering with others PPE that the user chooses to wear.
- Half mask with safety glasses in polycarbonate treated with anti-fog (N) and anti-scratch (K) coating
- Particularly suitable for paint and varnish applications and phytosanitary treatment
- Compact, ergonomic, and hypoallergenic mask with FDA approval
- Integrated interchangeable filters P3, A1-P3, A2-P3 & ABEK1-P3
- Two sizes are available (M/L or S/M) for better comfort
The X-plore 5500 is a dual-filter full face mask especially designed by Dräger to provide efficient respiratory and ocular protection against gases and particles. The 180° panoramic lens provides a wide field of vision and excellent peripheral vision. The mask body, made of durable EPDM elastomer, ensures outstanding comfort even during long-term wear.
- Dual-filter full face mask for excellent load balance with a wide field of vision for close work or restricted access
- Lens available in impact-resistant polycarbonate or scratch-resistant, chemical-resistant Triplex lens
- Compatible with the wide range of Dräger X-plore bayonet filters
- Waterproof design secured by a double three-lip seal
- One size fits all, 5-point harness with flexible and adjustable attachment points
The CleanSpace Pro mask is a revolutionary device in terms of respiratory protection. It consists of a half-mask that clips onto an ultra-lightweight engine block containing the filter and battery. With no cables, hoses or belt attachments, it offers users freedom of movement without the risk of snagging.
- ALL-IN-ONE powered air purifying mask with integrated filter and battery in the engine block against fine particles, toxic gases and fumes
- AirSensit™ technology with mask pressure and airflow control based on the wearer's breathing
- Up to 14 hours of autonomy with a charging time of less than 2 hours
- Air flow adapted to the wearer's breathing for unparalleled comfort
- Great freedom of movement (no cables or hoses attached to the belt)
Available in standard or ATEX versions, the X-plore 8000 is a powered air purifying device designed for daily use in hazardous conditions, including in explosive areas. It is available with a wide range of face pieces (masks, hoods, helmets with visors, welding shields, etc.), and combines performance, safety, and comfort.
- High-performance powered air purifying respirator available in standard (X-plore 8500) or ATEX (X-plore 8700) versions
- Modular and versatile with many facepieces available depending on the application
- Operating time from 4 to 20 hours depending on system configuration
- Wide range of filters against many gases, vapors, and particles
- Two alarm levels with differentiation of the risk level
The X-Plore 9300 is an air supply system offering constant airflow to its user. Specifically designed for light industrial applications, this device provides ease of use and enhanced safety. It can be matched with many different facepieces (such as full face masks, short or long hoods, welding helmets, etc.)
- Constant flow air supply system with patented flow reducer and auto-test function
- Modular and versatile with many face pieces available depending on the type of application
- Robust device with zone 1 compliant antistatic material
- Inlet pressure range from 3 to 10 bar
- Economical maintenance, ease of service and reduced costs
The PAS X-Plore is a compressed air supply respirator with an on demand valve, similar to a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). It’s adapted and recommended for interventions in confined spaces and conforms to the EN 14593-1 standard for compressed air supply SCBA with on demand valve and full face mask.
- Compressed air supply mask with an on demand valve for interventions in confined spaces
- Equipped with a patented flow reducer and a built-in self-test function that automatically activates at the time of starting
- Flow regulator with warning whistle
- Robust, solid and easy to use
- Optimal use comfort
The TS Series microporous coverall is a category 3 type 4, 5, and 6 protective clothing. It is composed of a polypropylene substrate coated with a laminated polyethylene microporous film (PP/PE). It prevents the passage of liquid molecules to the inside. But it allows water vapor to escape to the outside, making the garment very breathable and ideal for long-duration work.
- Category 3 limited-use suit, type 4, 5 & 6 (garment impervious to low toxic chemical sprays)
- Suitable for the pharmaceutical industry (blood, body fluids) and spray painting applications, crop protection spray
- Made of laminated microporous polyethylene for excellent breathability
- Antistatic (conforms to EN1149-1: 2005)
- Available in 4 sizes: L, XL, XXL, XXXL
The CHEM1 chemical suit is a type 3 chemical workwear providing an efficient protection against powerful jets and directional jets of liquid chemicals and high biological risks (viral infections, contagions). It's a lightweight and waterproof suit, particularly adapted for use in the chemical industry, pollution control, pharmaceutical and hospital sectors.
- Type 3 & 4 chemical protective suit against liquid projections in the form of continuous jets and liquid sprays
- Recommended in the most exposing and hazardous situations : chemicals leaks, biological and bacteriological risks
- Suit with elastic at the hood, waist, wrists and ankles
- HDPE laminated film and sealed stitched and welded seams
- Double zipper with storm flap for optimum security at closure
Why use a paint mask?
Whether you are a professional or an amateur painter, you should take the necessary precautions to protect yourself from paint or varnish fumes. The wearing of respiratory protection equipment is greatly advised to protect oneself from the undesirable effects related to the use of these products on health.
Most paints or varnishes contain one or more of the following organic compounds, which are very toxic and even carcinogenic or mutagenic: alcohols, benzene, butanol, butyl glycol, cresols, aromatic gasoline, ethanol, dichloroethylene, ethyl glycol, isopropanol, kerosene, methyls, perchloroethylene, phenols, styrene, turpentine, trichloroethylene, trichloroethane, toluene, white spirit, xylene, etc. Therefore, using a paint mask is a question of common sense, but which one to choose?
- The half mask is the minimum protection. It covers the lower part of the face but does not protect the eyes against irritating products.
- The full face mask is intermediate protection. It covers the whole face (respiratory tract and eyes), ideal for paints and varnishes containing alcohols, aromatic essences, or trichloroethylene (very irritating for the mucous membranes).
- The powered air-purifying respirator with a mask or hood is for hard, tiring, and long-duration work. However, as for half and full face masks, these filtering devices can only be used in the presence of an oxygen level higher than 19%.
- The supplied air respirator mask is the safest respiratory protective equipment in its class. It is the favorite device for painters in paint booths.
For efficient respiratory protection and depending on the type of paint or varnish used, an A2-P3 type filter cartridge is preferred, offering filtration of dust, particles, aerosol and organic compounds (see above for a non-exhaustive list of these compounds).
Paint protection suit
In addition to a paint mask (half mask, mask, assisted ventilation device, or air supply mask) and to protect against allergies or skin irritations when spraying paints or varnishes, a hazmat suit is highly recommended.
Whether disposable or reusable, a category 3 type 4 or 5 protective suit that is aerosol and splashproof is preferred. For work in paint booths, we suggest a type 3 liquid-tight suit.