Escape respirators and escape hoods
Escape masks are respiratory protection devices dedicated to emergency escapes. They come in two categories: escape respirators which are simplified gas masks, and escape hoods which protect the mucous membranes of the eyes against irritating substances such as chlorine or ammonia. Since they are filtering breathing protections, escape respirators or emergency escape hoods can only be used if the oxygen content in the ambient air is higher than 19% by volume.
The PARAT 1200 mini escape mask is a single-use emergency evacuation device with mouthpiece, nose clip and ABEK filter. It provides a 10 minutes protection against various industrial toxic gas and vapors. This compact device is certified according to DIN 58647-7, the only recognised standard for evacuation air purifying devices designed for the industry.
- Small emergency escape mask, ABEK filtration with 10 minutes minimum of breakthrough time
- Limit of use : 4 years for the standard version and 6 years for the tropicalized version
- Low clutter : can be carried in a pocket or on a belt
- Suitable for users with glasses or beard
- Certified according DIN 58647-7 (industry)
The PARAT 3200 escape mask is a filtering escape device with a mouthpiece and nose clip equipped with a specific ABEK-15 filter. Certified ATEX zone 0 and registered according to the DIN 58647-7 standard (industrial evacuation air purifying devices). It provides its wearer efficient protection of 15 mins maximum.
- Emergency filtering escape device with a mouthpiece and ABEK-15 multi-gas filter (15 minutes maximum of breakthrough time)
- Limit of use : 12 years with a filter replacement every 4 years
- Robust case for daily use in difficult conditions
- Can be used with other PPE : safety glasses, rescue helmets, etc.
- Certified DIN 58647-7, ATEX and for zones 0, 1 and 2
The Dräger PARAT 3100 is a half escape mask with an ABEK-15 multi-gas filter. It is stored in a robust and ergonomic housing, compact and easy to carry. Approved according to the only recognized standard for industrial filtered escape devices (DIN 58647-7), it gives 15 minutes to the wearer to escape.
- Emergency escape half-mask with ABEK-15 multi-gas filter (maximum 15 minutes breakthrough time)
- 12-year shelf life with filter replacement every four years
- Universal size to fit all face shapes
- ATEX certified (zones 0, 1, 2, 20, 21, 22), DIN 58647 (CE 0158)
- Approved according to DIN 58647-7 (industry)
The M900 is an emergency escape device equipped with an ABEKP-15 multi-gas filter for a maximum of 15 minutes of efficient protection against organic and inorganic gases and vapors (except carbon monoxide), acids, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, and its derivatives, as well as fine particles, aerosols, viruses, and bacteria.
- Emergency escape half mask with ABEKP-15 multi-gas filter (maximum 15 minutes breakthrough time)
- ATEX certified (zones 1, 2, 21, 22) & DIN 58647-7 approved (industry)
- Shelf life: 5 years from the date of manufacture
- Universal size to fit all face morphologies
- Stored in its robust and ergonomic case
The PARAT 4700 escape hood features an ABEK P3 filter that guarantees protection for a maximum of 15 minutes against toxic industrial gases, vapors, and particles. Thanks to its universal size, this escape device is suitable for all face morphologies and offers the user both breathing and eye protection.
- Emergency evacuation hood with ABEK P3 multi-gas filter (maximum breakthrough time of 15 minutes)
- 16 years of use with filter replacement every eight years
- Good visibility, wide field of vision, and anti-fogging coating
- Suitable for users wearing glasses or a beard
- Approved to DIN 58647-7 (filtering escape devices)
The Dräger PARAT 5500 fire escape hood was developed in cooperation with users to enable the fastest possible evacuation. Its function, optimized wearing comfort, and CO-P2 filter guarantee 15 minutes of protection against toxic gases, vapors, and particles caused by the fire during the evacuation.
- Fire escape hood against gas, vapors and toxic particles caused by the fire
- CO-P2 high performance filter (carbon monoxide and fine particles) with a maximum breakthrough of 15 mins
- Limit of use : 16 years with a filter replacement every 8 years
- Great visibility, wide field of vision and anti-fog covering
- Bright colored hood to ensure good visibility
The Dräger PARAT 7500 emergency escape hood has been engineered to enable the fastest possible evacuation in the event of a fire or industrial accident. Equipped with a comprehensive combination filter of ABEK CO P3 type, this escape filter device guarantees an important protection for 15 minutes.
- 15-minute escape hood against toxic gases, vapors, and particles generated in case of fire or industrial accident
- ABEK CO-P3 high-performance filter (organic and inorganic vapors, acids, ammonia, carbon monoxide, and fine particles)
- 16-year service life with filter replacement every eight years
- Good visibility, wide field of vision, and anti-fog coating
- Complies with EN 403:2004 and DIN 58647-7
The H900 industrial escape hood is an escape device available in 5 filter versions depending on the use and application (ABEK, ABEK-P, ABEK2Hg-P3, CO-P, or ABEKCO-P). It is an emergency evacuation device guaranteeing protection for a maximum of 15 minutes against toxic industrial gases, vapors, and particles.
- 15-minute escape hood with ABEK2Hg-P3 filter against toxic gases, vapors, and particles generated in case of industrial chemical accidents
- Anatomic shape silicone half mask designed to fit all faces
- Fluorescent orange anti-fire hood and visor with anti-fogging treatment
- Suitable for users with glasses or beards
- DIN 58647-7 approved (filtering escape devices)
Escape respirators are respiratory protection devices for emergency escape (DIN 58847-7 for filtering devices and DIN EN 13794 for insulators). They can only be used in this specific context (emergency evacuation) and never to intervene on-site (work situation) or to rescue a person in difficulty.
EEBD (Emergency Escape Breathing Device) are simplified gas masks dedicated to emergency escapes. They are half masks with a specific filter depending on the need or application: type ABEK or ABEK-P for most industrial risks or CO-P for emergency escape in case of fire.
Like gas masks, they are efficient protection against organic and inorganic substances, acids, sulfur compounds, ammonia, and its derivatives, particles, and aerosols, but with a limited duration of 10 to 15 minutes depending on the model (the time to evacuate!).
Emergency escape hoods
Emergency escape hoods are filtering devices too. They completely cover the face, protecting the wearer in case of eye-irritating substances such as ammonia, chlorine, sulfuric acid, or hydrogen chloride.
As filtering respirators, EEBD or escape hoods can only be used if the oxygen content in the ambient air is higher than 19%/vol., or if the concentration of the contaminant is lower than the maximum allowable filter concentration.
Also known as escape masks, SCSR devices are a much safer rescue solution than filtering masks or hoods. They are closed-circuit breathing apparatuses, which means that the air exhaled into a bag (called a lung) by the wearer is filtered, reprocessed, and then enriched with oxygen to be breathed again.
Due to their characteristics, self-rescue masks are the product of choice in confined spaces or potentially oxygen-poor environments such as the mining sector.