Lone Worker Protection Devices - PASS
The protection of the lone worker has become a major concern for companies and administrations. It now concerns all sectors of activity. A Lone Worker Protection System, also called PASS (Personal Alert Safety System), is an electronic device designed to be worn by personnel working alone - out of sight or hearing - allowing its user to alert emergency services in case of dangerous situations.
Personal alert safety system, or man down signal, designed to notify others in case of distress, the Bodyguard 1000 is free of periodic maintenance and features straightforward push button functionality.
- Simple to use and easy maintenance
- Compatible with all SCBAs
- High profile audible and visual alarms
- Data log of incident history
- Temperature control
As part of lone worker protection, the G7c is a geolocated lone worker alarm system (DATI). It alerts you in the event of a fall, abnormal immobility or aggression, while communicating the precise location of the event. The push-to-talk function (optional) means you can combine an IWTD and a walkie-talkie in the same device.
- Geolocated lone worker alarm device (DATI) for safe and effective lone worker protection.
- Detection of falls, immobility and manual alarm triggering
- PTT (push-to-talk) function for use as a walkie-talkie
- GPS location updated every 5 minutes (5m accuracy)
- Long battery life of 18h in normal use
The G7c from Blackline Safety is a geolocated gas detector with an integrated lone worker alarm (IWAS) device. It is the first complete gas detection system (up to 5 gases simultaneously) that integrates 2G/3G connectivity with alarm functions with geolocation, alert (SMS, email, Talkie-Walkie.), and analysis via an archiving platform hosted on the cloud.
- Geolocated multi-gas detector with PTI - explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, O2, O3, SO2 & VOC detection
- Full DATI (lone worker alert device) with PTT (push to talk) functionality
- Real-time monitoring with GPS geolocation & 2G/3G connection
- Available in broadcast mode or with a gas sampling pump
- Very detailed analysis reports (graphs, bar graphs, alarm location, etc.
The Blackline Safety G7 EXO gas detection monitor is a new generation of equipment that transmits in real-time manner positions, measurements, and alerts on a cloud control platform that relays this information to all connected operators. Detection of explosive gases, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, O2, O3, SO2 & VOC (volatile organic compounds).
- Geolocalized area monitoring monitor detecting up to 5 gases simultaneously
- Blackline Live platform for data centralization, alerts, and fleet management in real-time
- Simultaneous detection of up to 5 gases in diffusion or pump mode
- 4 alarm levels (TWA, STEL, low and high exceedance)
- Battery life up to 100 days in diffusion mode
Lone worker protection
In France - as in many European countries - there is a well-defined legal framework which requires employers to equip their employees working alone with alarm and protection devices for lone workers, thus subjecting them to an obligation of result with regard to the safety of personnel. This is the decree 92-158 of February 20, 1992 of the labor code.
Many professions are included in the scope of lone worker protection. For example, workers in confined spaces, drinking water treatment and sanitation professionals, certain self-employed workers or professionals working on night duty. Lone workers can be found in a wide variety of sectors of activity, with employers being obliged to provide a PASS (Personal Alert Safety System), the choice of device being made according to the activity and its specificities.
Personal Alert Safety Systems (PASS)
A PASS (personal alert safety system) is a device used by one (or more) workers "out of sight and hearing" of others, capable of emitting or transmitting an alert in case of emergency in order to warn the rescue services. These alert devices often have 2 types of alarms:
- Manual or voluntary alarm, triggered by the wearer to request help in case of discomfort, slight injury, attempted assault, etc;
- Automatic alarm, triggered in case of loss of verticality (falls), sudden rise in temperature (in case of fire or explosion), lack of movement, removal of the device, etc.
Several versions of PASS are available. From the simple sound and light alarm device to the more advanced versions with alarm reporting on a control receptor and GPS geolocation for an increased accuracy of the situations at risk.
Today, manufacturers are developing real-time geolocated PASS, capable of wireless communication via a 2G or 3G connection, and transmitting alerts to an online platform (internal to a company or organization) and to specialized centers for alert management available to provide assistance 24 hours a day anywhere in the world.
Regulations concerning the protection of lone workers
In France, article L4121-1 of the Labor Code regulates the employer's obligations concerning the protection of lone workers. In many countries, clear regulations have been established to ensure a certain level of safety for people working alone or in difficult environments, in particular by equipping them with PASS devices for lone workers.