In the application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the GazDetect company presents its privacy and personal data protection policy for all its websites, online portals and e-commerce platform.
1– Personal data collection
Personal data that are collected on this website – or “platform“– are:
- Account creation
When creating an account: first name, last name, email address
- Log in
Once logged in to the platform, first name, last name, connection data, use and location data and payment data are registered.
Using the platform creates a profile that mays contain address and phone number.
During the payment process of the products and services, the platform does not save financial data relating to the bank account or the credit card of the user. Online payment is performed through the Mercanet platform by BNP PARIBAS, no financial data is being collected by GazDetect.
When the platform is used to communicate with other users, data on user communications are temporary saved.
Cookies are used on the website. The user can disable cookies in the settings of its web browser.
Third-party cookies are placed on the user's computer by the server of a separate domain. The most common ones are used by web analysis services through several marketing tools and by advertising platforms.
Google Notification cookies to customize advertising announcements on Google properties such as Google Search.
OTZ: 1 month
OSID: 2 years
Doubleclick (Google) cookies that allow advertisers to control the frequency and duration of advertisements shown to users.
DSID: 2 weeks
IDE: 10 days
Gookies used by Google services like Gogle Map or Youtube. These concern geolocation, multi-devices activity, settings and user connection data protection.
1P_JAR: 1 month
SSID: 2 years
APISID: 2 years
SAPISID: 2 years
HSID: 2 years
SID: 2 years
NID: 6 months
CONSENT: 2 years
SIDC: 3 months
DV: 10 minutes
LOGIN_INFO: 2 years
PREF: 2 years
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: 6 months
remote_sid: 8 months
Google Analytics cookies for measuring and managing the website's audience. They are used to set statistics on user behavior.
_ga: 2 years
_gat: 1 minute _gid: 2 days
2– Use of personal data
The aim of any personal data collection is the provision of platform services and to keep a secured environment.
- Access and utilization of the platform by the user
- Operation, management and platform optimization
- Verification, identification and authentication of data transmitted by the user
- Suggestions on communication with other users of the platform
- User assistance
- Personalization of services by displaying advertisement according to the user history and its preferences
- Fraud and malwares prevention and detection and management of security incidents
- Management of potential user disputes
- Promotional mailing based on user preferences.
3– dAta sharing with thIRd party
Personal data may be shared with third-party companies in the following situations:
- When the user uses payment services, for implementing these services, the platform is communicating with third-party banking and financial companies with whom it has contracted agreements;
- When the user posts publicly available information in free comment fields of the platform;
- When the user authorizes a third-party website to access its data;
- When the platform contracts agreements with providers to provide user support, advertising and payment services. In the application of these services, these providers have a limited access to user data and have a contractual obligation to use them in accordance with the regulation on personal data protection;
- If the regulation requires, the platform can transmit data following claims against the platform and comply with administrative and judicial proceedings;
- If the platform is implied in the merger, acquisition, asset sale or insolvency procedures, it can transfer or share part or all of its assets including personal data. In this case, users would be informed before personal data is transferred to a third-party.
4– TRANSFERT of personal data
Due to the organization of the GazDetect company, the user authorizes the platform to transfer, store and treat its information in the United States. Applicable laws of this country can differ from applicable laws of the user's residential country inside the European Union. By using this platform, the user agrees on transferring its personal data to the United States.
The platform remains responsible for personal data shared with third-parties in compliance with the Privacy Shield.
The platform complies with the rules of the Privacy Shield – a personal data protective shield between the European Union and the United States – as stated by the American department for trade on collecting, using and storing personal data transferred to the United States from the European Union.
5– Personal data security
The platform features organizational, technical and physical measures as well as software regarding digital security in order to protect personal data from alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. Yet users shall keep in mind that Internet is not a totally secured environment and that the platform cannot ensure the security of data transmission or storage on the Internet.
6– user rights
In order to comply with applicable regulation on personal data, users have the following rights:
- They can update or delete data about them by logging in to their account and settings parameters of this account;
- They can remove their account by contacting the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that information shared with other users such as publications on forums can remain visible to other visitors on the platform, even after the removal of their account;
- They can exercise their right to access their personal data by contacting the following email address email@example.com. In this case, before exercising this right, the platform can ask for identification papers to support the identity claims of the user.
- If personal data stored by the platform is inaccurate, they can ask to update this information by contacting the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Users can ask for removal of their personal data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection by contacting the following email address email@example.com.
The platform will also inform users of the modification by sending an email within a minimum delay of 15 days before the effective date.
If the user does not agree with the terms of the new clause on protecting personal data, he/she can remove its account.