Asco Instruments / Breathing air quality analysis (EN 12021 standard)
Founded in 1979 and based in Chateaufort in the Yvelines, Asco Instruments develops and markets pressure sensors up to 7000 bar, gas detectors, gas detection units, ATEX test benches, and particle and breathing air analyzers in compliance with standard NF EN 12021. In 2012, ASCO Instruments joined the CFD group (Compagnie des Chemins de Fer Départementaux), benefiting from the support of engineers and technicians in numerous fields (mechanics, electronics, IT...) for its studies, manufacturing, or worksites.
The HORA 130 is a breathing air measurement case for mobile respiratory protection units such as asbestos removal or pollution control sites. It continuously analyzes CO, CO2, O2, hygrometry (dew point under pressure), and oil vapors in compliance with standard NF EN 12021 and by ETST Order 1309168A of April 8, 2013.
- Continuous measurement of breathing air quality in compliance with EN 12021 standard, and ETST Order 1309168A of April 8, 2013 (asbestos removal)
- Continuous indication of CO, CO2, O2, humidity and oil vapors on monochrome display
- Set automatic humidity alarm threshold as a function of temperature
- Measurement traceability and archiving on SD card
- Alarm triggering on power failure (with AL12)
Housed in a sturdy, rigid rubber case and powered by an internal battery, the Airskid AL12 alarm report is an electrical and pneumatic alarm indicator for monitoring any anomaly or alarm generated by a breathing air analysis system. It features a flashing light, an audible alarm, and a low-pressure pneumatic whistle.
- Remote electrical and pneumatic alarm systems for breathing air controllers to warn users when they are away from the control unit
- Electrical alarm: disconnection from analysis unit, alarm thresholds exceeded, PLC cycle fault
- Pneumatic alarm: network pressure below 5.5 bar
- Power supply from datalogger
- Supplied with 10-meter cable
The MicroVAR 350 was developed specifically for monitoring the breathing air quality in fixed or mobile air production plants. It continuously analyzes CO, CO2, O2, humidity, and oil vapors in compliance with standard NF EN 12021. It is available in a 19" metal or wheeled case for worksites.
- Continuous measurement of breathing air quality in compliance with EN 12021 standard and the decree of April 08, 2013 (asbestos removal)
- Continuous display of CO, CO2, O2, humidity, and oil vapors on the color screen
- Continuous cell flow control
- Measurement traceability and archiving on SD card
- Available in case, deck, or 19'' case
The VAR 18 is an air quality monitor dedicated to breathing air distribution networks. Supplied in a wheeled case or in a 19" metallic box, the VAR 18 allows to permanently check CO, CO2, O2, hygrometry, oil vapors and dust particles in order to be in conformity with the NF EN 12021 & AREVA standard.
- Breathing air quality analyzer complying with NF EN12021 (standard for compressed air meant to be used in self-contained breathing apparatus)
- Continuous measurement of CO, CO2, O2, hygrometry, oil vapors and dusts
- Traceability of data, alarms, calibrations over a period of 10 years
- Available in 19'' rack version or reinforced case on wheels
- 7'' touch screen LCD display, configurable thresholds
Main activities of Asco Instruments
ASCO Instruments distributes its products worldwide through a network of specialized dealers, and directly to industrial customers and key accounts. It offers a range of instruments, analyzers, and sensors in several sectors:
- Pressure measurement: ASCO has designed a range of very high-pressure sensors up to 7,000 bar
- Gas analysis: gas sensors and analyzers dedicated to concentration measurement (laboratory testing, industrial processes, sealing, inerting) (ME/MC range)
- Gas detection: explosive risk safety, protection and prevention of CO-Nox and other toxic risks (UNIPARK and DIGISCAN ranges)
- Breathing air: continuous analysis of breathing air (EN12021 and 8573-1 standards) and protection of workers under air supply (VAR range)
- Particle analysis: measurement of particles in ambient air or air or gas networks, from 0.1micron
- ATEX machines and test benches: pressure regulation, design of ATEX test benches, management of filling or deflation processes
Breathing air quality analysis (EN 12021 standard)
Breathable air defines air quality as close as possible to that of outside air and corresponds to standard EN 12021. The main requirements of this standard, applicable to all breathing apparatus (SCBA, air-supplied respirators, etc.), are as follows:
- Oxygen content (O2): 21% (±1%)
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) content: < 500 ppm
- Carbon monoxide (CO): < 5 ppm
- Oil vapour < 0.5ppm or 0.5 mg/m3 (mainly from the air compressor)
- Inhaled air must be odorless and tasteless
- The breathing air network must not contain water in a liquid state. The dew point must be low enough to avoid condensation or icing, i.e. -5°c from the lowest temperature
Le partenariat Asco Instruments / GazDetect
La gamme de produits d'Asco Instruments permet à GazDetect de proposer une offre complète dans la détection et la protection individuelle. Asco est un expert dans le contrôle de la qualité de l'air respirable, dans l'analyse et la détection de gaz, et dans les capteurs à haute pression. C'est une valeur sûre dans la sécurité et la protection des travailleurs.