MAP packaging headspace gas analyzer
The main objective of modified atmosphere packaging and headspace gas is to enhance products lifetime. This process oftentimes modifies the oxygen concentration (O2) inside the packaging to include other gases that will slow down oxidation (chemical reaction) and germs growth & development.
Each food type has its own specific modified atmosphere in order to get the most effective preservation. For example, the recommended modified atmosphere for apples is set at 5% of oxygen, 5% of carbon dioxide and 90% of nitrogen. For red meat, the ideal modified atmosphere for retail is composed of 70% of oxygen and 30% of carbon dioxide. To guarantee packaging compliance, safety and accurate measurements, using a headspace gas analyzer is essential. This kind of detector requires regular calibration.
Headspace gas analyzer benefits
The Oxybaby® portable headspace gas analyzer has many assets:
- Very small gas sample needed – that does not modify protective atmosphere composition – no risk of degradation
- Automatically controlled flow with alarm event in case of sampling needle obstruction
- Measurements data history can be reached on the device to compare previous results
- Large backlit display for easy readings in any situation
- Easy transport thanks to rechargeable battery
- Shockproof plastic casing for harshest environments
Headspace MAP gas analyzer calibration
Our range of certified gas mixtures for headspace gas analyzer calibration comes in disposable non-refillable calibration gas cylinders.
– Ideals for low volume applications
– Easily transportable and easy to use
– 60 months shelf life
– Analysis certificates automatically provided
– Fast supply and delivery
Gas mixtures are gravimetrically mixed using ISO6142 standard requirements. They ensure accuracy, optimal stability and maximal shelf life.